CPC40110 – Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
Occupational titles may include:
- Construction manager.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
Additional units of competency may be required to meet builder registration requirements in various States and Territories.
- 1 Year approximately
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 16 units of competency:
- 13 core units
- 3 elective units.
Some units in this qualification may have prerequisite requirements, which must be met when packaging the qualification. Users are referred to the list of CPC08 units with prerequisite unit requirements available in this Training Package for this purpose.
Core Units – 13 required
- BSBSMB421 – Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A – Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A – Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A – Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A – Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B – Select, procure, and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A – Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B – Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B – Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B – Apply structural principles to residential low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B – Apply structural principles to commercial low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B – Read and interpret plans and specifications
Elective Units – 3 required only
- CPCCBC4024A Resolve Business Disputes – Mandatory for builder license
- CPCCBC4018A Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects – Mandatory for builder license
- CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4014A Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4016A Administer a construction contract.
- RIIMPO320F – Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO319E – Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO318F – Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIHAN309F – Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
- RIIMPO321F – Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- CPCCWHS1001 – Work Safely in the Construction Industry – White Card
- CPC50210 – Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- CPC40110 – Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)